1974 Fiat 124 SpecialT 1600
Launched in February 1973 and updated in November 1973 in South Africa, the "new 5-speed Fiat 124 Special T is the latest high performance model from Fiat. Based on the successful Fiat 124 Special, this model is fitted with the 1608cc Fiat twin-cam engine developing 96bhp and mated to an all new 5 speed gearbox with synchromesh on all 5 forward gears. The dashboard featured a new 200km/h speedo and 8,000rpm tachometer. It also features power assisted disc brakes on all four coil sprung corners." Car Magazine November 1973.
This particular car is very original, and has never been repainted. the body is showing its age though and we are undertaking the following in South Africa prior to shipping:
- Complete "glass out / open door" repaint in original colour. (top side of engine bay, wheel arches and inside edges of the boot included);
- Replacement pin-striping;
- New Screen / door / boot / bonnet rubbers, new door weather strips and door handle gaskets;
- Front and rear bumpers to be re-chromed;
- Original steel wheels to be repainted;
- All brightwork to be cleaned and polished
- Engine and engine compartment to be steam cleaned;
- Underbody to be steam cleaned;
Mechanically, the car is good. It was recently serviced and the leaking pinion seal on the diff replaced.
This will be a very clean, show quality driver, and a unique sporting sedan in Australia.
The price includes all of the above, shipping and clearing in Australia, and the car prepped for Rego. As you can see by the photos, the car is a solid and original base to start with. This is not a rust bucket that will be patched. Photos of the process will be supplied to the prospective buyer and we have many detailed photos of the car in its current condition on Dropbox.