1971 BMW E9 CSL REPLICA RACECAR
This 1971 BMW 3.0 CSi raced at Macau and Bira in its younger days. Came to NZ in 1999 and raced at a few classic meetings before being turned into a Targa car and running in that event for a few years. Proudly led the field at the NZ Festival of Speed BMW tribute event at Hampton Downs in 2016 and features on the cover of the commemorative book.
The car looks fantastic in black with motorsport stripes and has a complete CSL replica body kit installed.
The car has been with its current owner since 2015 and it has been dry stored during this time. Long term ownership was his intention but he has decided to sell this to fund the purchase of another classic car. The car is solid with no visible rust and is mechanically sound. As you’d expect from a car of this age, there are dents and scrapes and it is far from concourse condition. There is evidence of a previous rust repair in the driver’s side floor.
The car is currently in NZ and the price includes all shipping, clearing and GST costs to a main port in Australia (Perth may be a bit more). More photos and details available on request.
*** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING AVAILABLE - Contact us for a quote ***
A summary of the specs is as follows:
- m30b34 inline six (recently refreshed by DCH Motorsport)
- Custom headers
- Getrag 265 5-Speed manual gearbox w/short shifter
- 3.45:1 Limited Slip Differential
- Triple Mikuni Side-Draft Carburetors
- MSNZ homologated 8-point roll cage w/logbook
- Period correct Corbeau fixed back bucket seats
- Fire suppression system
- 16” BBS wheels
- Front brakes 310mmx30mm two piece ventilated discs w/Wilwood Superlite calipers
- Rear brakes 270mm x 18mm ventilated discs w/ ATE calipers
- Braided brake lines w/ bias adjuster in cockpit
- Adjustable coilover front struts with Bilstein inserts
- Bilstein shock absorbers in rear
- Fuel cell in boot with twin Facet fuel pumps
- Battery in boot
- CSL bodykit
- Fibreglass bonnet and bootlid